Tuesday, April 7, 2015

1/2 way done with the MTC! & It really does get better!

Role playing with each other!
What a neat experience for them :)

(Sister Courtney Smith)
So this week was awesome! General conference in the MTC was seriously amazing! It almost felt like we were there! I don't know what I enjoyed more seeing conference or loving the spirit and rejoicing on Easter! This has been one of my favorite Easters ever! I'm sure this is the first Easter I've really understood my Savior and for who He is. I love my Savior and I'm so happy to be His close friend, sister, and representative! I don't think I've had this much faith, appreciation, and admiration for Him in my entire life! This year has been awesome for me and my journey, I am so proud to say I've chosen my Saviors path, I've chose to follow Him for the rest of my life in every thing. One question in Conference I wanted to be answered is how I could have/find more peace in my life. I loved two talks specifically because they perfectly answered my question. Elder Bednars talk said this one line: Devoted discipleship = PEACE. When I heard him say this I felt like Heavenly Father has slowly but surely trying to show me this principle. When our life's are 100% devoted to the gospel we find ultimate peace knowing where our hearts are and where we stand with God. Elder Gerald Casse said these things will help us in our life to stay devoted: Never tire of discovering/rediscovering new truths, hunger and thirst after the word of God(reading the scriptures, blessings, talks, handbooks), Anchor your faith in the principles of the gospel, seek and cherish the Holy Ghost. I know that these things are so simple and we can overlook them sometimes, but they are all God asks of us. He promises that our testimony will always be growing, and our heart will always be turned to the Savior. This week in the MTC was a little hard for me but I know I just need to keep pushing myself, and I have found more comfort because my testimony grows so fast here! I can say my purpose and the first vision in Portuguese! I only have three more weeks here. Half way done!!! Portugal here I come! Love you all!
Class fun! 
Easter snacks! 
Line up for a game "Wall Call"
Not sure how it's played.....

.....But Sister Smith just won!
(Sister Makelle Smith)
It really does get better!
Everyone here kept saying that it gets better. I thought they were all lying, but it really does! This week has been awesome and I am learning so much! I am feeling that joy that only the gospel brings! We sometimes see that our burdens are too much, but when we pray in faith God can change our perspective and make our burdens light. My branch President said "Its your mission, step up". I love this it is my decision to make my mission what I want it to be! Our reaction to our lives is completely up to us. We choose to be happy and positive. I also found that my president makes all of the LDS movies at walmart. Haha we own most of them! 
One day I was wanting to read one of my family letters early, and my teacher pulled me aside and talked with me. He said that if I stay obedient to the Lord no matter what happens in this life whether it be good or bad that He would help me through it because I am following Him. God would be able to give me the revelation I need because I was inviting the spirit to be with me. 
Elder Pacheco is now back into our district again! We gave our second lesson to "Jo", I was able to bear testimony of God's power/help that we can receive through revelation. I started to cry in my lesson, the spirit was definitely there! I know that this gospel is true and can help everyone no matter how big or how small your faith is. 
We got to role play with Court and Sister Landbeck, that was cool. Our Port. is very different but I could for sure understand what she was saying! Courtney is so genuine and has the spirit so strong, I love her example to me! I am so grateful I am here at the provo MTC. God truly knows what is best for us, even if it isn't what we want in the moment. I can see his hand in my life. 
We had our first TRC meeting with a girl named Hailey. She was serving in Brazil 7 months ago, and we were able to have a gospel discussion on faith and repentance. It was such a relief it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! The spirit was strong when we were all testifying of our Savior and his love for us! It made me happy that she could understand and that she cared about what we were saying! 
My Easter package from my family was amazing and I loved it! Our zone even had an Easter egg hunt, that was pretty fun! This Easter conference was so amazing here at the MTC. We started singing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" all together and it was so powerful. You could feel everyone's testimony in that room! I loved the line "Twas I, but Tis not I". I know that when we repent God will not mention our sins to us again, because we are changed people and we are on the right path again. I loved Elder Hollands talk. Wow I wish I could go in detail of what I thought, but it was such a testimony builder that Christ knows us and will literally not move and inch when we are trying to become better or overcome our sins and trials. I just imagined the love those two brothers had for each other once he pulled him up. Only Christ's atonement will lift us up when we aren't strong enough to do it alone. I have experienced that love that I have for the Savior when I have come up short, and that is why I am here on a mission. I want others to know there is a plan for us and that Christ can literally save them from sins and guilt. I love being here at the MTC because I can see the Lord molding me into the person he wants me to be. I am so grateful for everything I have gone through and for the trials he has given me. He knows us better than we think, He is pushing us into the direction we need to be in, we just need to trust Him and have faith in His love and gospel. 
We taught our second investigator Erica and it was our best lesson yet. We had the spirit as we bore our testimonies. We explained how the doctrine could help her! I know that our gospel relates to everyone and can help any soul. I am so grateful that I can bear my witness of Christ that he lives and that this gospel is true. 
Some new words we like to use a lot are Depende no contexto- depends on the context, desajeitado-awkard, fubeca-disobedient, and Bugiganga- Knick knack. I think my favorite word is tenis-sneakers. Haha I love learning this language it has built my testimony that God will help us even when we think we can't do something!! I love the relationship I have with my district and teachers, they are truly building me up and help me when I can't help myself! This week I have been full of gratitude and love for the Savior, and for the blessings God has given me!
Easter Sunday! Beautiful Sisters
Easter candy fun! 
Sister Smith's drawing
Sister Smith & Elder Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment