Monday, June 22, 2015

Very Eventful & Picture Only




(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week has been very eventful I would say!! We started it off with a big multi zone meeting in Coimbra!! I love that city and I hope that I get to serve there one day! So this meeting was actually really special because it was President and Sister Fluckigers last meeting with us!! So we had to say goodbye and everything! They are some of the coolest people I have ever met! We even bought a huge flower arrangement for Sister Fluckiger and she was so happy she was crying! I got to meet my trainers "mom" and my "sister" haha so that was really fun because I´ve heard so many stories about them! I'm excited to meet the new president I think we might even have a big meeting! I also got to see two of the elders from the MTC! The next day Isaura got baptised!!! Seriously she makes me sooooo happy!! It was the most spiritual baptism I´ve ever been to! She just has so much faith she is glowing all the time! Ela está mesmo electivo! We bought her a cute infinity necklace because we always talk about how we are going to be friends forever in the celestial kingdom! She is just so happy! Carlos one of our members who baptised her joked and said he was going to keep her down in the water and she just started laughing and he said are you scared and she said no I have absolutely no fears I´m ready! Her face after she got baptised was pure amazement. After I was helping her change and she was just crying because the spirit was so strong!! It was her birthday too, so a lot of people brought cakes and food and we sang to her happy birthday! I don´t know a lot of people who would choose to get baptised and spend their birthday night with all of the members, she is one of God´s prepared children here in Portugal! She also got confirmed this Sunday as a member and received the Holy Ghost! We had a lesson with her about the plan of salvation and she was just so firm with her testimony, she was saying how she was so happy shes baptised and is following God´s plan for her! André also blessed the sacrament yesterday! It is so cool to see our recent converts participating and being involved in the ward!! Our other recent convert Antonio is doing so good as well! Some Sundays he has to work but he always makes it a point to come to sacrament meeting! He talks with all the members and is happy as well!Oh and there have been tons of parades!!! its so cool to be involved in their culture! Its pretty crazy to believe sometimes that all of this has happened already!! I feel so blessed to be here and teach people about something that´s so dear to my heart! It has been such a cool experience to strengthen my testimony as well! This morning I was reading in Ether about how The Book of Mormon will be translated in the latter days, and I thought to my self about my testimony of how this book was really translated through the power of God, not only the first vision, or the spirit I feel when I read but the actual act of translating, I took the advice of Moroni in Mormon 9:27  O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things so ever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before Him.

So I said a prayer and asked God that I could truly know that this event happened, and all of the sudden my heart just filled with happiness and went all the way up to my eyes and I started to cry. I knew that God answered my prayer through the Holy Ghost so that I could have a testimony. This is what we are inviting all people to do, read/study, ponder in your heart with real intent, and ask God. I´m so thankful for my own opportunity to act and follow our Savior, Doubting not and Believing in Him! I hope everyone is doing well!! Love you all!!

(Sister Makelle Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment