Monday, July 13, 2015

A pretty fun week! & So Awsome!

(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week has been a lot of fun! It's been a little bit slower finding people to teach but the work is still moving forward! We'll update with Zé. We had another lesson about the plan of salvation and we rescheduled him for this Saturday, but he needed to come to church in order to be interviewed. And he didn´t end up coming to church! It was really sad too because we set up a ride for him and everything and he said he was ready but didn't answer his phone when his ride was there! So we will try to reschedule him again for next week!
So our new mission president, President Amorim and his wife received their visas and are just waiting for their passport! They will be coming hopefully in the next couple of days and we have interviews with him sometime in the next two weeks! He seems like a very hard working man and his wife seems very nice as well. We are all really excited to get to know him!! We had a Zone meeting this week and it was pretty intense because our mission leaders all met over skype with President and also with Elder Teixera! So they told us a lot of cool things! We even got to see a little clip of our President! He promised that if we are completely obedient to all mission rules, work really hard in all moments we can, and love the people with all of our hearts we will start seeing a lot of miracles! He promised that we will baptize more than the whole Portugal mission before. That's a lot too because we are now cut in half!!! He seems very inspired!
So Sister Johnson and I have really been getting to know two specific families this past week. They are all from Congo! They are all members except one boy named Alex, and the other families daughter got baptised last week! They are so much fun!! They are so nice and we just laugh and laugh and laugh! Alex seems to like the church a lot! He says he doesn't want to be baptised again because God will be angry with him if he's baptised 5 times! Hahaha he's already been baptised 4 times! But he really likes it and he came to church! We have been spending a lot of time with him and his brother Remi who is already a member! We know he will be baptised it will just take some time! I had my first African meal this week! It was soo cool! Garrett will love this! So you roll up the mash potato bread and you just dip it in the green sauce with your hands! So your hands are just messy and goopy by the end! :) It was really good! We also made a Plan of Salvation Game for the kids! They are adorable and they loved it! Seriously they were going crazy! It was kind of like candy land and you have to go through life and get the faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and endure to the end cards! Whoever made it back to the Celestial Kingdom first got the candy! Well they were all going crazy because the mom Salome won and she was so happy. So we said wait don´t you love your kids and want them to be happy there too? and she said of course! So we pulled out more candy and they all got some once they made it back too!! They loved it and wanted to keep the game so they could play together as a family more :) They were less active but now they are coming back to church and loving it! They also taught me how to do African Braids!!!! It was so fun! They are pretty easy I just have to practice! I think I might start doing more braids when i get back with my clients! :)
We also had a girls night with our recent convert Isaura and a member Leandra! We had popcorn and soda and watched a movie! We also got to ride in the famous trolley here in Viseu! It was a pretty fun week!!
Well my spiritual thought this week is just my testimony. The zone leaders asked us to have questions written down about what we want to learn from our meeting. One of my questions was "how can I have more strength and peace as I serve here on my mission and throughout my life"? The answer I received is that when we do His will we have peace for Eternity. And when we are obedient to what He asks us to do it is strength knowing where we stand with God. It was really neat to me because I sometimes feel I can´t speak perfect Portuguese or understand very well I´m not giving all I can as a servant of the Lord. But if we remember the parable of the Talents and how God has given us gifts that we are able to use in this life, it is up to us to use them to the fullest. I know we all have gifts and talents to share with others. Sometimes it is not the same or we many not feel like we have enough to give, but the Savior has declared We Can Give Enough, and we can serve enough to show our love for Him as long as we follow His example and use His Atonement in our lives :) Well I hope you all had a good week! Love you tons!!


(Sister Makelle Smith)
This week has been so awesome!!!
We are really working hard in this area. We always have appointments and this makes me feel really good! We have a lot of investigators right now the only problem is that they need to have a strong spiritual experience and feel the spirit in their lives that this is the true gospel!
This week we went to a huge BRECHO. This was really fun everything was only 1 real so you better believe I bought a lot of new skirts :)! After a member owns a pizza restaurant and we got Pizza!!
We had a lesson with Stephanie and she still feels this is the right path for her! We are moving her date to next Saturday, I am so excited! She really loves this gospel and the Book of Mormon! This Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament! I was so nervous but it went really well I actually talked too  much they had to give me a note that said time is over hahaha. Well now I know I can give a long talk!!:) I talked about knowledge. I studied this attribute of Jesus Christ this week and I learned a lot!
I learned that our testimonies and knowledge about the restored gospel is not only for us but to help the people around us and our families! I learned that to gain more knowledge in our lives we need to plan when we will study doctrine, pray ponder and feel the spirit and let it guide us to share our testimonies with other people! I love this and I know that God wants us to have more knowledge about His love for us and His son Jesus Christ! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment