Monday, July 27, 2015

Best of my mission! & Frozen hot chocolate!

(Sister Makelle Smith)
This week has been the best of my mission! Baptism of Stephani! Wow what a neat experience!! She was so excited and so ready for this! We had her baptism and then we  had a testimony meeting after. The spirit was so strong. I had the opportunity to bear my testimony to Stephani and her family of the gospel and I cried so much. But I know without a doubt in my heart that this is the church of Jesus Christ on the earth. I felt a glimpse of pure happiness and gratitude in my life that I have never felt before! I want to always be obedient to the gospel and it's teachings! I know that through this gospel our families can be together forever, and we truly can have eternal life through making covenants with God.
We had a Mission tour in the Centro of Floripa! This is when half of the mission gets together to listen to the president and listen to a member of the seventy speak! Wow, I learned so much from them. The biggest thing I learned was that I need to do everything I can to create an environment for our investigators to choose to feel the spirit and act. They need to follow the Savior and use the atonement in their lives. I also need to be brave and have courage to open my mouth. I have a greater desire to find the people that are ready to receive the gospel. We saw the elders and the tour and that was awesome.
I really feel like I have a family here! I have been so grateful this week for the plan of God. I know that all of the hard times and heart breaks in my life happened because I needed to grow my testimony and I needed to be pushed on this mission. Because of the experiences I have had here, already I am a changed person and I only want to try and be better. We hit our four month mark and that was way awesome! Time is really flying by. I love this mission and I
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well it has been an eventful week! The first of the week we´ve really been focusing on Alex and helping him!! He´s still progressing but I know with him it will just take some time! His family is hilarious they are so fun to be a round! He´s looking for truth but is having a hard time with reading and praying so we are just encouraging and inviting and it´s ultimately up to him to choose for himself :)
Oh yeah so Sister Johnson and I found a little café in the middle of Viseu that we never noticed before, and it has Frozen Hot Chocolate!!!! My dream came true to have one in Europe!!!! We were literally jumping when we found it! So we took a picture with them haha we also laughed because mine was dark brown and hers was white. We crack jokes all the time like that!
Then on Wednesday we decided to take an hour and a half bus ride to the outskirts of our area to go meet with some people and contact and guess what? Our district leader called us and told us we have interviews with our new President the next day and that we needed to be on a bus at 6:00!! So we ran from where we were to catch a bus back to Viseu to get on another bus to Coimbra! Coimbra is a bigger city it has so many apartment buildings compared to Viseu! I´ll send a picture of Sister Johnson and I! We had to sleep over at the sister training leaders house the night before and we had to make a mega bed because there were 10 sisters there. It was pretty much a party!!
We FINALLY met President and Sister Amorim! And can I say that I already love them soooooo much!!! They are incredible people and have so much love for us already! President gave a little presentation about him and what he expects for our mission and he is just so inspiring!! So the things that I really liked that he said were about how they will be an example to us so that we can be an example to the people here in Portugal! They also said that we will be able to say that Portugal Porto mission will be the happiest mission. Because everyone already says that theirs is the best, we´ll be able to say we are the happiest because we are striving to be exactly obedient and love the people :) He is so cool! I had an interview with him and he was so cool he gave me a ton of advice and told me my Portuguese is coming along really well! He said I need to be striving to be exactly obedient because I will be a future trainer and leader! How cool?! I love how encouraging and loving they are! Sister Amorim is so beautiful and kind, I already feel like shes my mom! They put so much effort in getting to know us and took notes they are so cute! I feel so blessed to be serving here. Improving my language and communication skills, and most importantly my testimony and knowledge about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
The last of the week we just took a lot of pictures with people because this is our last week together! On Tuesday night we have transfer calls and we will see where we end up going!!! We took a ton of pictures with members, everyone thinks I'm´m staying and sister Johnson is going! So we´ll see!! Oh yeah the other ward had a party of the letter C and it was really cute we played lots of games and talked about Christ! I will try to send the video all the missionaries here were in a band and we are dancing and having fun the members loved it! I think the best part about the mission so far is that I get to grow my own testimony while helping other grow theirs too!! It makes me so happy to be able to see the change in others lives and as well in my own conviction of the gospel!
I am loving Jesus the Christ it is blowing my mind!!!!! I´ve been reading the chapter about our need for a Redeemer! I love how we teach the Plan of Salvation to our investigators and how the Savior is vital in God´s Plan! 1 Cor 15:21-22, For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the Dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. I love this scripture so much! Because it´s so true!! I can feel so much truth in the fact that because of one man (Adam) all man were condemned to death,Through one man (Jesus Christ) we are all able to live again :) It´s only through Christ that we are able to overcome physical and spiritual death to live with our Father in Heaven again! Only Christ was able to be the one man and I am so thankful for him and his literal sacrifice for each one of us! I get to wear his name ever single day and it makes me so proud to see people accept him in their lives!I know that he lives! I love you all so much and I hope you guys are looking to get to know Christ as well! I love you all! Have an Awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment