Monday, August 3, 2015

Fun week & Always worth it!

(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week was way fun!! A lot happened! So first off TRANSFERS!!!!! Sister Johnson and I are staying another transfer together!! Who knew?? I guess they usually don´t keep the newbies with their parents so I got lucky!! It was way nice because neither of us had to stress out about packing or changing areas! Then we went to Porto to do my residency!!
Well looks like I´m officially a resident of Portugal!! It feels good :) We ran into Elder Camargo from the MTC it was good to see a friend! We also got to eat a Francesinha! They are pretty much bread, meat, a lot of cheese, in a red sauce!! It was awesome! They call it the Food of the North!! Sister Johnson and I were so happy to try one together in the North!! Well worth it! We only could stay for a couple of hours but it was beautiful!! I hope to serve around there one day!
Other than that we have really been working hard with contacting and trying to find new investigators!! But sadly we didn´t find anyone :/ Alex our marcado also is not progressing as much as we would like him to.. So I had kind of a frustrating moment after our lesson. Sometimes the Lord is just trying us to see if we will stay faithful and do what he asks of us. I know that we will be blessed and that I´m still fulfilling my purpose even if we don´t have a ton of success! Sister Johnson called this my first dry week hahaha! But I know God will always lift us we we are in low places, because that´s when our faith really grows! My faith really grew and I know that all we can do for other people in this life is help them feel the love of Christ! We had another lesson with him and I tried my very hardest to just love him and help him understand. He´s kind of stubborn but he actually said a prayer with us and asked God if this was the true church and about his baptism. We just waited a little bit but I immediately started to cry! I felt Gods love so strong in that moment! I know He loves all of His children and wants them to make covenants with Him so they can return! Alex said he could feel it and he will keep reading and praying. I know that through the Holy Ghost we are able to know what to choose and how to act and that we can feel the Love of God in our lives if we let him in!!! I always was so self conscious about crying when I feel the spirit but I know it is a blessing from God, because I know in my life when I want to feel the spirit. I know without a doubt that God is in my life and I can feel him working with me!
Well it´s kind of a short letter this week but i´ll write more next week!! love you!
(Sister Makelle Smith)
This week was really hard. Almost all of our investigators aren't progressing and we had to stop teaching a lot of them. It breaks my heart to see people not choose the gospel. And it is hard when we put in so much hard work and prayers for these people too. But I know one day they could possibly want it, so it is always worth it. One of our investigators has been coming to church for two weeks now and he is on date! He is doing really well and he wants to find God in his life again!
This week in district meeting the district leader gave me the assignment to give a discussion on the email of the president. I was so scared because it is really hard for me to understand the email first off because it is all complex Portuguese. But, I decided to push myself. I studied the email and prayed God would help me understand to be able to have a conversation about it! It went really well and everyone said that I did a good job and they learned a lot! I felt so blessed that even though I don't understand everything God is going to help me fulfill the things he asks and wants me to do.
I saw monkeys this week when we were tracking and it was the coolest thing ever!! I don't have my camera so we didn't get a picture, but I felt so lucky to see one! It really made my day!
I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting this week and I really do know that this gospel is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true and blesses our lives. I know that the prophet and apostles are true and by reading their talks and the scriptures together will bless our lives and give us revelation we need. I know there is a reason why I am here in Florianopolis, I just need to keep working harder and be obedient everyday! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment