Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! 20! Aug 18th
(Sister Makelle Smith)
This week was really funny. Last p-day the sisters in the house all played charades with the different elders here. It was priceless!
I have been reading a different conference talk everyday and it has helped me a ton!! Really I know that the prophets are called for us in these last days to give us revelation for our lives. What I have learned the most is that we need to be having spiritual experiences daily so that we can marvel at the gospel in our lives, so we can be grateful for it! I have realized that I have been marveling at the physical beauty of Brazil but now I need to marvel and the small miracles that happen everyday spiritually. I know that this will help me see Christ more in my mission.
Our investigator Lucas is progressing and loving the Book or Mormon! We are trying to find more people and I am starting to love tracking! We will ask people for some water and it will turn into a lesson. We met this couple and the husband is from Germany and he spoke English. They are really interested in the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith! People don't know about our religion, how else will they hear about it if we don't offer it to them! I have been opening my mouth more and I have felt a lot better.
Sometimes people can't understand everything I say but I know that they can feel the spirit. I am starting to understand basically everything the people say. Some words are really hard and I have never heard them before, but I am feeling more comfortable with the language every week! I am grateful for this mission and for the attributes I am starting to have! I love my Savior and I know that He lives and loves us! Favorite scripture of the week Alma 26:31. We will be happy in our lives if we are sincere in our actions and our love for others! Love you all!!
Happy 20th Birthday! Aug 18th
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Wow this week has been incredible! I don´t think we´ve felt the spirit more in our lessons!! I´ll first start with Zé remember him from the other week? We finally had a lesson with him! It was pretty cool but also super funny because we made brownies and we taught the first lesson using candles and we demonstrated how Christ was our light. He established His church with 12 apostles and how after His death and the death of the apostles the light of Christ was taken from the earth. But when Joseph Smith was called to be the next prophet in the latter days and restored the Light of Christ back onto the earth! It was pretty cool! He really loved it and when he said the closing prayer he prayed and asked God to help him know that our church is true because he really likes it and wants it to be true!
We also had a lesson with a man named Celio and he is from Angola. So we actually set up an appointment with him and he forgot and didn´t come. But two days later he called us and said that he needed to speak with us as soon as possible because he was going to Porto. So we ran over to meet him and he was just smiling and said that he woke up that morning and something told him that he needs to hear the message that we have because he needs it in his life. We taught him and talked with him and he was just happy. He said he doesn't have a religion but he knows that if he prays everyday God will be with him! After the lesson I asked him how he was feeling and he said really good. He said he feels light and has more of a will to go to Church and learn more!! He is going on vacation but will be back in a couple weeks but he promised he´s going to read the Book of Mormon :)
We also taught a man named Marlo and he is from SãoTomé. We contacted him the other week and we finally had a lesson with him! He is really cool. He is catholic but he isn´t practicing. He believes in the bible but has a lot of questions! He has a true desire to learn more and act! He especially wants to know what he needs to do in this life to prepare to meet God on judgment day! He is awesome! During our lesson with him yesterday we got to the First Vision and I just started crying and had to pause. I know without a doubt that when we asked to feel the spirit and feel the Love of God in our prayers with a sincere desire God will give it to us! He really liked our lesson and what we had to say! He works a ton and we can´t have a lesson until Saturday but he accepted "convite suave" so we have a lot of faith in him :)
It´s so crazy to think that I'm actually here teaching people about God and his plan for us! I am so thankful for the role of the Holy Ghost and how God doesn´t want us to feel lost and alone. He has blessed us with so many things so we can return back to him :) A quote from the Women's General Conference that I loved was given by the Second counselor of the Relief Society Board and she said: Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ are Perfect, their Hopes for us are Perfect, their Plan for us is Perfect. I love this! They really do have perfect hope for us and our lives! I know that if we show our faith and accept the atonement in our life that is the only way we will be able to feel true happiness in our lives! I am so thankful for all of these experiences I´m having here and I know I´m really growing a lot!
I can´t believe that I'm going to be 20 years old tomorrow!? Well I´m hitting my five month mark tomorrow too! It's already flying by! Oh we went to the fair and got Farturas they are kind of like churros! We found some pretty flowers and put them in our hair Hawaiian style! Sister Johnson is going to let me stay there with her in Hawaii when we get back from the mission :) It´s nice to know people! Well I hope you have a good week! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment