Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Such an adventure! & Transfers for Sister Makelle Smith!

(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week was such an adventure!!! It felt like everyday something new happened! Well My Birthday was absolutely amazing!!! The other sisters in my house made it so special! I woke up to a big sign in my room that said `Feliz Aniversario Linda´ :) Sister Johnson made me French toast with carmel syrup and then we went to the fair and got bracelets :) Oh yeah our neighbors kitten found it's way into our apartment. We made Alfredo for lunch one of my favs! The other sisters came back from Porto with my Bday package from parents and grandparents (seriously a miracle), and the other sisters and my recent convert got me a little gift! Oh and the Elders made us cinnamon rolls too :)
Sister Johnson hit her one year mark with me!!! Wow it´s so crazy how fast time is flying! We made lunch with the elders. Elder Ruggles knows how to make wingers sauce, and we made some fries and got a watermelon too!! Needless to say it was pretty great!
The weather here is going crazy, I'm pretty sure Portugal for Europe is the Utah! I think it´ll be pretty cold this winter! Well transfers are coming up next week already! Everyone thinks I'm going to leave so we´ll see :) I love Viseu I probably could stay here for another three if they asked me to!
Well I also colored my hair today! It was a lot of fun! I really miss doing hair! But I know there will be plenty of time for that when I get home :)
As far as the work here, we have been working hard and feeling the spirit! I know that God guides us to who he wants us to talk to! Right now Zé is working a lot and so is Marlow but we will be teaching them this next week and fingers crossed, we´ll be marking them too :) Alex is still moving very slowly! We´ve had a couple lessons with him and he´s still not opening his heart to accepting things, we´ll see how this next week goes. Salomé and Monga are progressing a lot!! They were baptised six years ago but we can´t find their membership papers so they can be members in our ward so we have to reteach and re baptise them. But it is actually really good because they don´t really remember the lessons or anything so it will give their whole family an opportunity to start coming back to church and strengthen their testimonies! ( They´re that cute African Family I have pictures with)
Well As far as my spiritual message this week I really have been learning about the importance of keeping the commandments! I was Reading first Nephi 17: 13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led. I love this scriptures because Christ is not just talking to Nephi he´s also talking to us! He promises us that if we keep the commandments He will be our light in our `wildernesses` and we will return to the presence of God in our `promised land´ in the celestial kingdom :) I know that our Heavenly Father has provided us our way that is our Savior Jesus Christ and if we will follow Him and do the things in this life that He asks we will have Eternal Happiness :) There is so much hope and peace that come from the scriptures! I am so happy for my opportunity to be able to help others have this same happiness that comes from His gospel! I hope you all have an amazing week :)
(Sister Makelle Smith)
So trasfers are this week!!!!! I will be transfered to chapeco! To an area called Efapi. It is right out of the centro of chapeco and it is a branch of 40 members and there will be 4 sisters in the area! The bus ride is 12 hours haha! I thought I would be for sure getting out of traveling for a while. It is the longest distance area in the mission! My companion will be Sister Santos and she is Brazilian.  I am so excited to learn more Portuguese!!! Really I am sad to say goodbye to Sister Huaman,  Sister Espin and Sister Irizarry! I love them all so much! But I have such great hopes and love for Efapi already! It is a really small town the roads don't even have names!! I am so excited! This week I made a lot more contacts and I am feeling so much more comfortable in Portuguese. The people think I am from Uruguay because of my accent!
We had a special conference in Floripa today. We had a conference with Elder Niel A Anderson an apostle of the Lord! It was so amazing and we sat in the front row, it was so neat to be able to watch him speak and bear his testimony. He speaks Portuguese! Wow it was an experience I will never forget! I got to shake his hand!!
I am really learning a lot about myslef and who I want to be not only in the mission but when I come home. Something that Elder Anderson said was that real conversion is when we are truly changed and have the desire to keep getting better! That is what I want to do and what I invite all of you today is use the atonement in your lives everyday and you will be a better person and will feel the love of God in your life more! Love you guys!!
-Read the talk "Where Justice Love and Mercy Meet" by Jeffrey R Holland. It is truly critical to understand the plan of salvation to understand the atonement. (my favorite conference talk) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment