Monday, October 12, 2015

Seeing miracles & Transfer to Gaia!


(Sister Makelle Smith)
Wow this week we were really seeing miracles! Sister Wright and I are teaching a lot of people and we are trying to make a lot of contacts! This week we found 17 new investigators, that is so crazy how the work is moving here. The people are accepting us and are starting to act on our message. There are so many catholics here, but they don't really even know why they are catholic. But there are a lot of them that start to open their eyes as we talk about the restoration and the Book of Mormon!
Our main investigators right now are Angelica and Marcos. They are praying and reading every night! They prayed about Joseph Smith and she said I had a feeling really good in my heart. Also we have one named Donathan, he read a few parts of the Book of Mormon and prayed and he said that God confirmed in his heart that he was a prophet! One of our investigators even gave us a referral and are telling all of their friends about the missionaries.They are progressing and I have such great hope for this area!
I have been studying a conference talk by Linda K. Burton called "We´ll ascend together". She talked about the responsibilities of a father and one of them being the priesthood. She said, "There will be times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary´s mischief will be that power". It hit me so hard that the priesthood is essential if we want a Christ centered home and family. For this the members need to marry within the church. She also said "Thee lift me and I´ll lift thee and we´ll ascend together". It is through baptismal and temple covenants that we can help our families reach eternal life!
My testimony was strengthened this week that marriage sealing isn´t just for me to be married for time and all eternity, which is a marvelous blessing. But that really being sealed in the temple we make a promise covenant with the lord, that literally will be sealed with my Heavenly Father my creator and my savior for all eternity. Now that is the true blessing.
On church this Sunday we talked about life after death and it reminded me of an experience I had in Montana, We left to go give a message to a man named Tom. Neilson, he had gotten surgery. We started talking and it ended up that he was an area seventy. He was a convert to the church and told us his life story. In the end he bore his witness of the Savior and the Plan of Salvation. It was the strongest testimony I have ever heard in my life, I was left in tears. I had gotten an email two weeks after I left Montana and he had passed away. But I want to bear my testimony I know exactly where he is. I want a testimony like his unwavering and doubtless, that I will live with God again with my family for forever. I have been working so hard here especially being the one with the most Portuguese of the two of us. I need to be a quiet leader and help Sister Wright obtain good missionary skills. I know that this week I did my part and God is truly blessing us with new people to teach and a lot of lessons! I know I am not perfect at Portuguese but the people are understanding, learning, and progressing in the gospel! I am truly grateful that I got to stay here in Efapi this transfer and witness the growth of this area. I love you all and can feel the difference of your faithful prayers! Have a great week!:)

(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week was soooo great  :) It flew by like no other!! Well I don´t have that much time to write today because I'm being transferred!! So we got calls last night saying I will be serving in Gaia with Sister Barratt!!! I thought they were joking because it was our wish we could serve together!!!
We went out to an area with a member to go teach her cousin!! It was such an amazing lesson!! I think she´s really interested in the church! They had us try a fruit called fozo haha its really cool it looks like alien head :)
We have taught 12 Lessons with members this week!!! It was such an amazing week!! our member have been so willing to help us out and God has blessed us with people to teach! Well the sad news is that Denis wants to be baptized this Saturday because his best friend doesn't have work, so I´m going to miss it!! But he´s set and I will send a picture of Sister Rovig and him next week!!!!!!!! :) I'm just so happy!!!!!!!!!
We also have been teaching an old man named Gorge :) he has really progressed and we marked him to be baptized November 6!!! I can´t believe all of the blessings!!! We have just been smiling all week :)
It was really hard saying goodbye to everyone!! We had one last pacake night with the Silvas :) I love that family!! Especially my recent converts Isaura and Andre!! Isaura and I were just crying! She was so sweet she thanked me for teaching her and helping her find Gods plan for her :) one of the coolest moments in my mission! As well AndrĂ© got his patriarchal blessing this week!!! What a proud moment for me!! Really happy to see when we endure to the end God WILL bless us now or in the future!!! :) God really tested us and asked us `where is your faith` we kept working hard and he made it all worth it! I´m Going to miss sister Rovig so much!! She is one of my best friends and taught a lot about how to serve others! She is an exempelary missionary and person!! On the bus ride to Porto I've really been thinking about the bast 6 months and all the things I've learned in Well this week was soooo great  :) It flew by like no other!! Well I don´t have that much time to write today because im being transfered!! So we got calls last night saying I will be serving in Gaia with Sister Barratt!!! I thought they were joking because it was our wish we could serve together!!! Well we went out to an area with a member to go teach her cousin!! It was such an amazing lesson!! I think she´s really interested in the church! They had us try a fruit called fozo haha its really cool it looks like alein head :) We have taught 12 Lessons with members this week!!! It was such an amazing week!! our member have been so willing to help us out and God has blessed us with people to teach! Well the sad news is that Denis wants to be baptise this saturday because his best friend doesnt have work, so I´m going to miss it!! But he´s set and I will send a picture of Sister Rovig and him next week!!!!!!!! :) Im just so happy!!!!!!!!! We also have been teaching an old man named Gorge :) he has really progressed and we marked him to be baptised November 6!!! I can´t believe all of the blessings!!! We have just been smiling all week :) It was really hard saying goodbye to everyone!! We had one last pacake night with the Silvas :) I love that family!! Especially my recent converts Isaura and Andre!! Isaura and I were just crying! She was so sweet she thanked me for teaching her and helping her find Gods plan for her :) one of the coolest moments in my mission! As well AndrĂ© got his patriarchal blessing this week!!! What a proud moment for me!! Really happy to see when we endure to the end God WILL bless us now or in the future!!! :) God really tested us and asked us `where is your faith` we kept working hard and he made it all worth it! I´m Going to miss sister Rovig so much!! She is one of my best friends and taught a lot about how to serve others! She is an exempelary missionary and person!! On the bus ride to porto ive really been thinking about the bast 6 months and all the things ive learned in viseu and the biggest thing that came to my head was just LOVE :) I am full with so much love for the people here I know this is the exact feelig God has for us!!! I also ran into Elder Camargo and Cox in the mission office!! :) We came from the MTC together! I´ll send pictures later tonight when I get to Gaia!! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment