Monday, January 18, 2016

1 Nephi 3:7


(Sister Makelle Smith)
This week we had leadership counsel of the mission! It was cool to go to the island! We stayed in Rio Travers so cool, I got to see my old investigators and Stephanie and Joao!!! They both will be serving missions in the next few years, what a miracle! Joel Franscine and Ian are progressing. Franscine left with Bryon and Ude for vacation and she is starting to stop progressing. Joel and Ian are progressing and reading the Book of Mormon! They didn't go to church this week but we will talk with them more this week of what happened. We could really use prayers for their family!! They are on date for baptism for the 6 of February!!
When I was at church a young woman gave a talk on our challenges in life. And she used the oh so famous 1 Nephi 3:7 For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. This area is starting to be hard to find people to teach and progress, but I know that the Lord wanted me and Sister Ribero to be here in this time of our missions, so I know He will help us here. We just need to stay excited and positive!! Have a great week!
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well I can say without a doubt this week has been the most stressful week of my entire mission! I think it all just hit me, the responsibility of training, teaching, and hitting our goals. It was really strange, it was almost like a wave as it just hit me and it only got heavier as we received rejection after rejection after rejection. I don´t think I´ve received so much in a matter of days. I was really praying for guidance and help and it was amazing how God answered my prayers in so many ways!! I felt as if I was asking God to help my faith because it was strong enough to keep fighting until we hit our goals. I can say GOD IS GOOD :) He gave me so much peace as He filled my mind with the scripture in 1 nephi 3:7. It helped me keeping going until we hit our goals! :) In my personal study I was studying about how I could obtain more patience and perseverance because I was lacking in both areas, and God lead me too a scripture as I was reading the story of the sons of Mosiah in Alma 26:27
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success".
I can´t express the amount of peace that filled me heart as I read this scripture, it was as if God was talking directly at me. It gave me the strength I needed to open my heart look at what I needed to change and to move forward. Later that day we knocked an apartment building and met 2 families and 3 single people who said we could come back this week and share a message. I can´t tell you guys how much I know God loves us and is aware of what we are going through. I wants us to trust in his timing and submit our will to his. I know if we do we will see this `success` in our lives, if it's new investigators or peace or maybe a new attitude like I found this week!
Well training is going well. We only speak Portuguese because she doesn't speak hardly any English but she is learning now ;) It's super great to remember all of the ways to be a great missionary! :) Sister Gouveia is really patient and is a great trainee!!
Random story of the week we SAVED a mans life!!! Hahahaha it was like one of the moments that you hear about!!! We were visiting a street that multiple people said we could come back and after talking with a woman we started walking up the street until we heard a scream `Ajuda me` or help me!!!!! She was screaming like someone was going to die! I booked it up the hill with an adrenaline rush and there was an older couple with the wife trying to lift the car because her husband was smashed and couldn´t breathe. Well literally Sister Gouveia and I with the help of the old lady lifted the car off the ground so the guy could breath and crawl out!!!! He had to get his knee checked out at the hospital but no one else came out until after he was getting out! Thank goodness we were in the right place at the right time! :) hHaha yeah we felt pretty cool :) Well I hope you all have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment