Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I got a daughter this week & Personal Responsability!

(Sister Makelle Smith)
This past few weeks have been so great!! We had Christmas and that was awesome and the new year! We couldn't leave our house but we watched fireworks. The market Zeza did some fireworks so we watched from our window. So awesome, the Lord gave us some fun!! We made some yummy food and it was a good night!!
Our investigators Francine, Udi, Bryon and Joel are really progressing. Joel is a father of 6 and they have so much interest in the gospel. They really like the Book or Mormon, they are so so special! We put them on date for baptism this week!! They want to come to church!! Franscine is 17 and she wants to follow Christ so much! She knows she wants to get baptized asap she is just waiting for an answer from God about the BOM and Joseph Smith. They are a Golden Family!!
I got a daughter this week. Her name is Sister R. Ribeiro. She is from Natal, Brazil!! Yay Brazilian! She is so cute and happy. We are always laughing at something! I love her so much, she always keeps things positive and she really has a desire to be obedient! I think this transfer is going to be great!! We have been making a lot of visits with members this week, they really have been catching onto the missionary spirit!! This branch really is progressing and has the goal to be a ward by the end of the year!! I love this area, and I cant wait to see what happens this transfer!!
I have been learning a lot about the importance about he Book or Mormon. I know that truly as we read the BOM with the bible we have the fullness of the gospel. I asked myself when I got to Montana, "do I know the bible is true"? I know the Book of Mormon is true because I have read it and prayed about it. But I truly can say now that I know the Bible is true AS it is translated correctly. The bible contains the words of our savior Jesus Christ!! I love you!!
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week has absolutely flown by! I can't even believe it!! Well I can't remember that well so I'm just going to start by finishing up last week! The Christmas conference was great! We played a little game and the rest was like a regular conference. The main thing I loved about it is that he talked a lot about personal responsibility! I thought it was super interesting because of the new year with our goals we usually have great goals but somehow along the way we give up or we don't get where we like to. Well if we would take personal responsibility our chances of improving after we fail go straight up because we know what we need to do differently to be able to not make the same mistakes again :) It was neat! I hope we can all take that into account as we try to reach our goals this up coming year :)
Well our beloved Sister Wood has officially gone home! We had a funeral and she had a will and gave us some of her old things it was pretty funny!!
This week was pretty much full of member meals because everyone wanted to say goodbye because they heard that three of the four of us will be leaving!!! So you get to see a lot of my cute members here in Gaia!
Tom├ís also had a birthday party! We decorated his wall :) He loved it! He turned 8 so he can now be baptised :) We went over and we helped out with his party and her whole family came over again!! haha They all were telling us how much Fatima talks about us and how great we are! They all said they would like to come visit our church in a couple weeks! Baby steps!! And it was cool because we started a fast with Fatima and we all fasted that she could get a n answer about Joseph Smith and the Church and that she could find a new job so that she could pay tithing! She has so much faith it's amazing! Then on Sunday they both went to the sisters baptism and Tomas said he wanted to be baptised!hahaha Fatima just laughed and we felt the spirit sooooo strong!!
We've been working hard and knocking on so many doors! It's crazy because we talk with so many people and not a lot of people want to talk with us but then there is the one person who does and we have an amazing lesson filled with the spirit! God is aware of us and wants us to succeed! When we are obedient to his commandments and laws, that is when he can bless us :) And everything he asks of us is only to help us be happy :) I love the gospel!!
Sorry I've been kind of frazzled today! We will be receiving transfer calls tonight and it's been a little crazy here! Anyways I love you all and I hope you had a great new years! PS I read the talk "A summer with great aunt Rose" and I pretty much cried the whole time!! It has so may golden nuggets!! One of the lines is that Rose is talking with Eva and she said that our eternity is full of "nows" :) We choose if we want to be happy forever with how we make up our "nows" :) God wants us to be happy Revelation 21:3–4. I love life :) Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment