Monday, February 8, 2016

Pics only again! & A week of miracles!

(Sister Makelle Smith)
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week was super crazy!!! haha so I´ve been sick the whole week so that made working really fun ;) We worked a lot with the ward list and find less actives and incomplete families! We actually already found a couple and are working with them! Sometimes missionary work is more than we think! Its been a week of miracles! There have been countless contacts and lessons with lots of tears!!!
Well Sister Gouveia and I are improving a bunch! She's very shy and embarrassed easy so she is finally opening up and we are talking a lot more.
Well we had a division this week!!! I was a little bit hesitant because I felt really sick, but something told me that we needed to do a division so I went to Gaia 1 and served with Sister Hillam :) It was seriously such a blast!!! It has actually been one of my favorite days on the mission! I don't know why but I just felt like a great missionary! We were talking with literally everybody and testifying about Gods plan for them! Such a powerful day! :) Well later that night I got a call saying that Sister Gouveia and Sister Morais marked Faitma for Baptism!!!!! hahaha I could barley talk my voice was pretty much gone but I let out a little scream I was sooo happy! Well later that week on Saturday we went over and retaught the law of "tithing" because she still wasn't 100%. We had such a powerful lesson, we used 10 oranges and told her that this was her income, she's a single mom so she's very frugal. We showed how tithing is when we give one orange to the Lord because that's what he asked us to do, then we read:
Mattew 6:33 & Malachi 3:10 Then we pulled out two bottles of Orange Juice :) she just started laughing. We explained that sometimes God won´t give us back our oranges or in the form that we want it but he will ALWAYS give us more than we gave to him :) It´s just a trial of faith :) I know its true!!! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to prove my faith every month and pay my tithing! Well we confirmed she still wanted to be baptised and she said yes!! haha but what we all didn't realize is that the baptism is this week!!! haha so the next day after church we went to her house and talked with Tomás about baptism as well and we had them try on their baptism clothes!! Wow the spirit was so strong as we testified they are following the Saviors example :) Something changed completely about Fatíma. She just seems more at peace without as much confusion!!! The Gospel changes lives :)
We also taught the Angolan family with their Dad Jose! It was such a powerful lesson and they all came to church yesterday!! :) God is just really blessing us with little blessings! Well I hope you all have an amazing week! I'm just on cloud 9 here in Portugal! Pray for Fatíma e Tomás :) Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment