Friday, April 8, 2016

2 weeks of letters! We love you Grandma George!

(Sister Makelle Smith April 4th)
These past few weeks have just flown by!! #Ldsconf, loved conference I received so much peace and answers!!! I have seen some miracles here, this area has been the hole of the mission and the member never have helped, I have only seen their effort to help and serve the Lord! We are starting to see a lot of referrals and we are getting a lot more investigators! One of our investigators accepted a date for baptism, he started crying and said I know that God sent you to me, you two are chosen servants of God, Wow!! I felt so special and that I was sent here for a reason!! We really are seeing progress, I am loving my life as a missionary and a servant of the Lord. I know that Christ lives and that He sends us prophets and apostles to guide us today! I know that Thomas Spencer Monson is a prophet of God, He has helped me receive the answers I have been needing in my life! I Know that God loves us so much! Brazil pride, +1 temple for us in belem!!!

(Sister Courtney Smith April 4th)
Well I hope everybody had a great conference weekend!!! I can´t believe it will be my last conference on the mission!!! It was pretty weird to think about that! But Sister Nagliati and I really focused on inviting more people here in Foz to come and hear the Prophet speak to us! We made 750 invites to give out! I´ll send a pic! We spent so much time knocking on doors inviting everyone near the chapel to come and see, we spent a week straight on buses inviting all who came in and were sitting down!!! It´s really getting me out of my comfort zone! I´m not usually the type to go and talk to random strangers especially on a moving veichle! hahaha we were practicaly falling over talking to people but I know that the Lord sees our efforts and our desire to serve! We also invited every member to invite two families to come as well :) We were so excited to see the fruits of our labors! But as we know sometimes we don´t get everything we want and our Faith is tested! Well out of all of the 750 invites no new person or friend of our members showed up! We spent so many hours calling and confirming with so many people!  Hahaha Sister Nagliati and I just had to look at each other with a smile and say "It´s just not time yet". But we were able to assist the Saturday session of Conference and it was absolutely amazing!! I felt the spirit so strongly as I listened and pondered the words of our leaders in the church! I went with questions in my heart and I left with a feeling of peace and love from my Heavenly Father. I loved so many talks that were given, I know that we have a latter day Prophet Thomas S. Monson, 12 apostles, and the power of God here on the earth. I know that their guidance and words come from God through revelation and the Holy Spirit. I remember we tried watching it on a little computer in the basement of our church and at 10:30 at night we hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Come thou Fount of every blessing, Wow I can´t explain such gratitude filled my heart knowing that I have been blessed so much to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I´m so thankful for Loving Heavenly Parents who gave me my family here on earth. I am so thankful for my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I know he lives and that he made it possible for me to find peace and joy in my life. I had tears of complete gratitude towards my God, I will never forget that night! This morning we were invited to be apart of a funeral here. A return missionary named Marco is good friends with Sister Nagliatis family and he dad passed away on Sunday. It was very tragic but they felt like it was his time to go. We sang that same song we sang for Grandma George. The funeral was held at a catholic church, it was very solemn and the family who are not members of our Church were very sad. We felt honored to sing a song and have the chance to share our testimonies with them that We know that Jesus Christ lives and that because of him our fears can be silenced and he will wipe away our tears :) I know this because I have felt his spirit in my life and his power help me in times of need. I am happy to know everything wrong and unfair in this life will be made right we just need to trust God and he will take care of it. One thought that I really loved from conference came from Dale G Renlund. He spoke about how we need to strive to draw closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I loved his talk and the way he explained how our perspective, the way we react, and who we are really depends on how close we are to these two people. I made a new goal for myself in these next 6 months to strive to become even closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus, I know that by doing this they will help me become the person I want to be and I will be able to find more happiness and peace. I love the gospel and
I´m so thankful that God has restored his church so that we can easily access the fullness of everything he has to give to his children! I love you all so much!!! Have an amazing week!


(Sister Courtney Smith March 28th)
Well I don´t have a bunch of time to write this week but I´ll explain a little bit of what happened this week! We pretty much were just planning for the baptism of Conceição! We really helped prepare her for the big day!!! :) She is really really sweet and she never was religious until we started teaching her. But she is saying prayers and reading the BOM with her Son Eduardo. He recently got reactivated and received the priesthood so he was able to preform the baptism!!! It was so special because one we started out the day being Easter! The sun came out and we all just had a fresh of breath air! We had a beautiful sacrament meeting and classes full of the spirit. It was really neat to concentrate on the Savior and really think about what he did for all of us. Then following church we had the baptism! It was neat because she actually knows some of the members ever since she was little so it was a perfect fit for her! She said she felt really light and a lot of peace! I found out today that she has had a problem with sleeping but yesterday after the baptism she felt so good she was able to go to sleep right away! We had a fun time with the members and we felt really proud of the decision she made! After church we went to go Easter caroling and we ended up singing for a reference of our member. She loved our song and after we said a prayer for her she was in tears! It was such a special moment that the spirit could really touch someone :)
Well fam Grandma George will be in more peace now, but I know that because of the resurrection and the atonement of Jesus Christ everything will be made right and just. We will see her again and we´ll be able to have complete happiness :)
I´m thankful for my mission and how it is teaching me to trust in the Lord and his will. I know he will strengthen us and give us his peace when we let him :) It was really neat because our Mission had a goal of 35 baptisms this month and we hit our goal! It was a miracle we have been praying everyday at 10:30 so we can reach our goal and through the help of God we did it! Sister Nagliati and I made a goal our second day here to have 2 baptisms and 3 people marked for baptism, I am so proud to say that God made our goal a reality. But I´m proud because It showed me that God exists and he is aware of us. We did practically nothing in comparison, it was the spirit of God and the scriptures, we were just there to help them learn :) I´m so happy to have been apart of these peoples journeys Paulo who was baptized last week was already commenting in class about baptism and is becoming such a great member already! His family made a goal to go the the temple next year! They had tears in their eyes as we talked to them about being together forever :) I love the gospel! I'm grateful for my chance to be here serving the Lord and helping our brothers and sisters find the truth! I'm thankful for the light that comes from Jesus Christ in my life and I know that death is not the end, it has no victory because Jesus overcame everything and he will help us overcome our everything too! (1 Cor 15:55 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? ) I love you guys soooo much!!!!!!!!

(Sister Makelle Smith March 28th) Pics Only

No comments:

Post a Comment