Monday, May 9, 2016

Don't want to leave & Act like a woman who is Holy!

 
(Sister Makelle Smith)
So this week was awesome because we got to do skype with the Family!! Haha I can not believe that that was the last skype before I come home! I think about coming home and I don't want to leave haha!!
This week we found a family who the mom already visited the church and we gave the first lesson, they both accepted to be baptized if they receive an answer super cool!!!
I have just felt a love from the people here in this city! Really these members are so awesome and try to always help us!! We ate at subway this week which was pretty cool.
I have been reading in the Book of Mormon and a scripture that I read and liked was 1 Nephi 6:4. That Nephi talks about the desire he has for all men to be converted to the gospel of Christ and have eternal life!! I felt the same way as a missionary that I truly do as well want all men here in my area to come unto Christ and be baptized into the true church of Christ!!
We had zone training and talked about when Peter left the boat to walk on water. He had to leave his comfort zone to do that and to walk in faith. We were challenged to get out of our comfort zones to show our faith to the Lord. We made a goal this week to invite everyone in our lessons to be baptized and show our faith to the Lord that this truly is his work!! I challenge you guys as well to leave your comfort zone this week and do something different to be apart of missionary work! I love you guys so much!!
(Sister Courtney Smith)
Well this week was a great one!!! But to be 100% honest it feels like it´s only been a day since last Pday! haha We finally are getting in a groove with our new investigators so that´s good and we are finally making some progress!
First we did a division! I found out which sisters are in my area the last week of the transfer, it was pretty sad that they didn't get it to us faster! But as sister training leaders we decided that we wanted to do a division the last week! Haha it was kind of out of the blue but it was amazing! We did a division with Sister Pennock and Sister Peixe :) They are some killer missionaries and they are doing so well in their area! The nice part is that they both came to our area so we were able to get a lot of things done! She got to meet some of my favs!!! We gave Matilde her name tag so her and Iara were so happy to be sisters like us :) I learned how to show more love to the people here and it really changed they way I view my own area! Such a blessing!
One of the investigators of the Elders in our district finally got baptized! She is adorable and from Angola! Her name is Helena :)
Mothers day was great! It was so fun to meet sister Nagliati´s family and to talk to you guys! It was fun that Makelle was able to be there too! We also ate with an investigator Alice and her family! She gave us all sorts of meat including: blood sausages, ribs, back, pig ear and toe. Yes she made us try every single one of them! Well this is the only time I'm letting myself eat food like this!!!!
Today we visited a place called Sr. do Matosinhos :) It´s a very old cathedral and this week they are having their celebration with a fair! It was really pretty! They knitted around the trees it was way cute!!
I think the biggest thing I learned this week was they way I am and act with people really show a lot of my intentions. I´m usually a bit shy and more reserved but I realized little things make a difference and help you connect with people a lot easier and faster! I´m so thankful for that knowledge and how it will help me be a better missionary for these last four months! I'm really focusing on acting more like the Savior would. (gentleness, kindness, and meekness).
As well my knew goal for this next transfer is I want to become a "Mulher Santa" a holy or righteous woman. In relief society we read a talk by Elder Nelsons wife and how she taught how all women need to strive to be more holy! Wow did it hit me strong! It´s my new life moto :) Think, desire, and act like a woman who is Holy.
Well Sister Nagliati is probably going to be leaving tomorrow!!!! Man am I so sad to let her go!!! These last two transfers have been incredible and I just want to finish my mission with her :( Foz will not be the same without her! I´ll let you know what happens next week!
Love you guys!!! Beijinhos 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment