Monday, May 2, 2016

"We do not dout our mothers knew it" & Working our butts off!


(Sister Courtney Smith)
So this week was actually really great! So I actually have no time to write an email because of the email I wrote for mom so I will just do a big list of bullet points of what happened this week ok? :)
*We starting teaching a beautiful FAMILY! Yes that´s right a mom, dad and the cutest three kids you have ever seen. I about died when we started teaching them! We taught about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and they have been loving it! We also found out the kids love chocolate chip cookies ;)
*Catia is progressing! She is still nervous to come to church but we passed by her house and taught her almost every day last week! She believes in saints so we taught her a lesson teaching her that we shouldn't adore statues or idols. We made little paper dolls that looks like us and we made them ask them to give them something... hahaha they asked for strawberries and chocolate... but of course the paper dolls couldn't give anything because they aren't real! So then they asked us personally and we gave them strawberry flavored chocolate!!! haha it was fun she understood right away!
*We had a huge Mothers Day activity! We combined with a bunch of districts and many families came to celebrate Mothers day with us!!! Wow I loved it so much! Our stake president and his family spoke and sang about Mothers! It was very special and made me miss you Mom!!!! We spent a good 4 hours making all of the decorations!!! hahaha i chose to make tulips because its moms favorite flower! :) I was able to sing a song with my district about the army of Helaman. I love the lyrics because it talks about how they were born a good parents who love the lord. It was neat because I read that story in my studies this week and it fit so perfectly with Mothers Day!
* We went to the Zoo!!!! It was such a blast! We got to see a bunch of animals and spend some time in the sun! Well spent Pday!
*Elder Bednar is going to visit us in a couple of weeks!!!! I will be able to shake his hand!!!!! What a blessing right???
Anyways I hope you had an amazing week and a good mothers day this week!!

Alma 56:47Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
(Sister Makelle Smith)
This was another great week! Sister Dourado and I are just working our butts off! We have been finding a ton of new investigators to teach and that has been awesome!! I have been reading in Moroni 7:37 and he says "It is by faith that miracles are wrought, it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men". I know and testify that this is true. When we have faith miracles can and will happen we just need to trust in the Lord and our Savior. I know that this church was restored by Joseph Smith with my whole heart!
Here it has gotten so cold, literally I am not used to it! Because we walk in our home and there isn't a heater, so it stays cold, so weird! We will hopefully be getting a heater soon! I have been able to wear my scarves and drink hot chocolate finally!! I have been feeling a lot more at home!! I have missed the cold!! But so far things have been going great and me and Sister Dourado are super good friends! She is so awesome and is helping me even more with my Portuguese!! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment