Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Baby Girl! & I know the BOM is true!

(Sister Courtney Smith)
So needless to say I´m Training!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooo this week has flown by so fast!!!! :) Well just to update on what´s going on, my comps name is Sister Hulsey she is from Lindon and she´s just about the most perfect trainee that you could ask for!!! I was a little nervous to get the call that I´d be training and still stay a sister training leader but I'm ready for the challenge!!! I really just feel so motivated to give everything I have to help every person I see! We had our training meeting and when I got her I was so relieved because she is such a sweetheart and super super chill!!!! She really looks for ways to understand and speak the language and shows love to everyone she talks to! Everyone loves her too!!! :) We have a bunch in common and I know that my last transfer here won´t be any comp problems whoooohooo :) I told her that I wanted this transfer to be the best transfer of my mission and her mission as well, she got really happy and I know we will be a very obedient dupla :)
So we have been talking to literally everyone in our path!!! It´s so cool to see the difference it made in our week!! We´ve been marking a lot more appointments and we are finding a lot of new people to teach! One time we were in the metro station and I told her to choose someone to talk to while we waited because we can´t waste our time! And she said that guy on the bench, so we went over there and she started the contact and he said wow what church are you from and she explained and all the sudden he said wow because I'm really looking for a new church! I feel lost from God but I want to find him again! She invited him to church and he said if he had time he would come! His name is Alberto and he's from Guine. Sister Hulsey was glowing!!!!!!! She was so happy to follow the spirit and find someone looking for the truth!!! She literally has a light about her and is so ready to work and I love that!!! :) We also taught Olga this week the second lesson we sung I am a child of God and she started crying again she said she doesn't want to be baptized again but we bore testimony that if she came to church she would feel something different. Well when Sunday came we had three investigators there!!!!! What a miracle!!!! :) Alberto called us and said I made some room to come I didn't want to loose the chance to see how the church is and Olga came in the door with a huge smile on her face :) It was one of those moments when I knew God was blessing us for all of our efforts :) I know He is here with us as we do his work!
It´s funny because Makelle ended the Book of Mormon this week and I ended last week! Reading in a different language was kind of tricky but the spirit helps you understand and I was able to see the stories and the doctrines in a different way! I know that the Book of Mormon is true!!!! :)
For Pday we went to the really touristy spots of Porto and Sister Hulsey ate her first francesinha :) Whoooo it´s been an amazing first week and I know that it will be the best one of my mission!!! LOVE you guys!!!
(Sister Makelle Smith)
So this week was great again!! Haha I am just loving Brasil and so happy to be here!!
This week was very special because I was able to finish reading the Book of Mormon in Portuguese!! It was a goal of mine from the beginning and I am so grateful I did it! It was so hard at the beginning because I didn't understand anything, but as I kept reading I starting understanding more and more. The spirit truly testifies to us! I know with my whole heart that the Book of Mormon is sacred scripture inspired by God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true in all languages around the world. I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of the plan of salvation and of our Savior. I know that Jesus is the world´s Redeemer. We bore our last testimonies at the pulpit this week wow that was super sad. But it felt good to know I have done my part! Robert told a member yesterday after church in the car that he stopped drinking coffee and he is committed to live the law of chastity!!:) He has been sad lately because of family problems but we are super excited for his baptism. Please continue praying for him so he can feel happy and ready for his baptism!! Also Romulo was authorized by our president to be baptized. He will be baptized on the same day as Robert!!!:) Marisa has a baptism date, but we will probably put it for next month! I am so grateful to be here helping Gods children progress and make covenants with him to one day have eternal life!! I LOVE the mission!!!!! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment