Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Baptism, Coming Home! & Faith, Obedience & Diligence!

(Sister Makelle Smith) 
So this past week was so awesome!!! DANG Birthday weeks are the best in the mission!!! So I don't really know what to say other than I have just felt the love of the Savior and our Heavenly Father so much this week! I know He loves me as His daughter and His missionary. I kept thinking of Court the whole week too and who I am so proud of her and the work she has done!! 
We had a ward sign language class taught by Patricia my recent convert who is deaf. Now the relief society is all learning sign language to be able to communicate with Patricia!! So special, I know the church is true! 
For  my birthday we got milkshakes and cheese fries haha we went all out!! It wasn't anything close to training table in Sandy but it was yummy! The members gave me some gifts and the best gift of all is that Romulo was baptized!!!!! YAY! He is so dang cute!!!! He had to be baptized 2 times. We all laughed. When he came out he just had this HUGE smile on his face, he is so happy to be apart of the church of Christ he has a testimony of that! We sang I love to see the temple, and I cried on the spot! I was able to be apart of his life and influence him to make the right choice. He said he wants to serve a mission and one day I know he will be sealed in the temple! Wow I love this guy so much!!!! 
I just have such a love for this work and for this gospel! This year and a half passed by so dang fast and it is coming to an end! I love my Savior and His church. I am so grateful for the whisper the Holy Ghost gave me to serve a mission. I know that I was called here for a reason. And I truly feel like I fulfilled my purpose here! I love the Brasil Florianopolis Mission. And I love the people here that I have met and helped. This mission has changed me. God has helped me change to the person he has wanted me to become. I love all of my family who has loved and supported me and I am so grateful for all the prayers!! I am just full of gratitude!! Now I just need Court to come home with me!!:) Love you guys, see you all back home!!:)

(Sister Courtney Smith) 
Well this weeks letter is gonna be a short one because i´m not really in the mood to write. I feel like I forget everything that happens that´s cool during the week! hahaha Well some cool things that happened:
Zone meeting and Ward council meeting: It was pretty neat! I feel weird being the oldest but it´s really nice to still be able to enjoy the last of my mission! I feel like all my friends left and I am the lucky one who gets to stay :) I really want to better this mission and the church here in Portugal! I love how I still get to grow and learn even in my last transfer! I think President Amorim was pretty smart when he called me to do both :) Our zone meeting was actually on my bday so that was fun I´ve been a little emotional this week but I think it´s just normal, I'm still trying to press forward with a steadfast faith in Christ. I feel like I´m learning and relearning a lot about faith and how it will help me as a missionary and as a person. I know I can have faith in the Savior and in his gospel and when I do what he asks my Life turns out so much better than I had planned! 
My birthday was awesome :) after the meeting we went to KFC for a celebration lunch and it was great! hahaha I haven't had it for a while so it was a good treat :) Then we worked and visited some of my favorite people. Taynara and Siderley made popcorn and we drank some soda :) We brought cookies and we taught him about baptism.. I don´t think I could have asked for a better night :) Literally I wouldn't want to spend my day any other way than testifying of the Savior and his love for us :) They even gave me some presents, I got that cute little bear from them, I really love the people here :) Other than that we have been doing a lot of contacting and tracting... it´s been one of the hardest weeks of finding people that I´ve ever had on my mission but I´m going to continue doing what´s right and try to be better this next week! On Sunday we kept working hard and one building we found 5 people who said we could come back and teach them!!!! What a blessing from God it was to know that we just need to show our faith, obedience, and diligence. I love the gospel and the little miracles we see everyday. I love my companion and the love she shows for me. I couldn´t ask for a better way to be ending my mission! 
Crazy that Makelle is already going home this next week... I die a little inside at the end of each day but I know it will all be the way it´s supposed to :) Have an amazing week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment