Monday, August 15, 2016

Happy 21st Birthday! 2weeks left, 4 weeks left!

(Sister Makelle Smith)
Well this was another great week. I have been learning a lot that God truly knows us inside and out and that He always always takes care of us as his children!
The baptism date for Robert has been postponed, he is needing to commit to live certain commandments in his life. He still wants to be baptized and be apart of the church, he just needs to choose to follow. Marisa as well moved to another city so we ended up passing her to the elders. Super sad. But Romulo is prepared and super excited for his baptism!!!! We are just so excited for him to be baptized this Sunday!!!!He is just a gem and makes me so happy. He reminds me of my brother Garrett when he was younger, his smile just lights up my heart!! We taught him tithing this week and we used little candies and we asked him to give us one. He did and in return he got a huge lollipop, he was super happy and want to pay his tithing!! We started teaching a new investigator Giovanna, she is 18 and super cute!!! She is just so interested and truly understands that there needs to be just 1 true church!! We taught a less active member and his wife that is an investigator this week and we taught about families and that as we follow the savior and enter into covenants we can have an eternal family!!! Wow there were some tears and we read Mosiah 2:41!! So excited to help them come back to church!! I am just so grateful to be able to testify of Christ and that he is our savior and redeemer! His church exists today!!! I was reading a talk by elder gong called always remember him. He talks about how Christ was crucified and resurrected. He is the only perfect being who still carried the marks in his hands. He is the only one who has to carry that pain with him. But he does it to show is love for us as our brother. For this we are written on the palms of his hands never to be forgotten. I love this gospel and the chance to always be clean by the atonement of the Lord. Amo vocês!!😘
(Sister Courtney Smith) 
Sooooo I can´t believe that this week I´m turning 21 years old!!!! It´s super weird to think that I´ve had two birthdays here in Portugal!!!! :) Wow and along with that I will hit my 17 month mark!!! I have less than a month!!!!!!!!!! I´m going a little crazy hahaha but i´m so thankful i´m training because it´s keeping me really really busy and focused :) Sister Hulsey is actually amazing!!! She is going through the normal greenie stages of stress, homesickness, and anxiety, but you know it´s a part of the process and I know she is doing everything she can to be an amazing missionary :) She has so much power when she speaks and she is an amazing example to me! She literally radiates the light of Christ in her eyes and in her smile!!! ´We are teaching the same people this week! We talked with the family from Cabo verd and they accepted baptism invite! They want to continue learning the lessons and finding out more :))!!!!! It was awesome!!! They are seriously a perfect family with a lot of love! We are excited to go back tomorrow! We also are teaching Olga!! hahaha we taught her the third lesson and she talked and talked and talked Portuguese people love to talk! It was interesting because the third lesson is all about the things we need to work for in the life to live happy, so when we taught her she just wanted to prove to us that shes doing everything right already... but she came to church and it was great to see her progress :) We hope to mark her in this next week! We also met a new family! They are wonderful! The mom Patricia is Portuguese and the dad is Brazilian they have the cutest baby boy in the world :) We taught the first lesson and they really enjoyed it! It´s so cool to teach people who are actually interested in learning and understanding the message!!! :) we hope to visit them tomorrow as well! as far as Alberto well the Elders will have to start teaching him soo I hope they do a good job so he can get baptized :) It was a pretty challenging week because our president really wants us hitting the goals we make and unfortunately we did not hit our goals.... I felt like we gave everything we could and did our best but we fell short. I was honestly really frustrated and upset because I thought I was putting all my faith in God so why didn't he help us? Well sometimes it´s not our timing its the Lords... so we are going to move forward and look for better ways to accomplish what God wants for us. We also got to stay with Sister Cabral for a day she was set apart and is already a fantastic missionary!!!! :) It was a pleasure to be with her! Well I know that what we are doing is Gods work and he is helping us everyday. I know he knows me and wants me to be happy but I have to do my part to be able to be worthy to receive his blessings. Love you guys!!! Have an amazing week!
This scripture really helps me this week :)
 28 ¶Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment